This baked brie is wrapped in a puff pastry, smothered with fig jam and honey, and baked to perfection. Looking for a quick, but delicious New Year’s Eve appetizer? Look no further!
Hello final week of 2017…. Holy cow! How did we get here? I feel like it was a year ago and I was chomping at the bit to get engaged and now I’m married! CRAZY!!!
Ever since we started dating, New Year’s Eve has always been our favorite “holiday” to host, followed by Super Bowl Sunday. Obviously, we use the term “holiday” loosely in our household… Geoffrey even altered his company handbook to declare the day after Super Bowl Sunday and official holiday.
Obviously, we love having our closest and dearest with us to ring in the new year, but the real reason we love to host NYE is the food. You have to admit, NYE food is the BEST.
Pigs in a Blanket, I live for.
Shrimp Cocktail, sign me up.
Champagne!?!? ALLLLL NIGHT LONG
2AM Quesadillas, Geoffrey’s specialty and one of my favorite indulgences.
But this Baked Brie, might be the best part.
A perfectly golden puffed pastry stuffed with gooey brie oozing out, I mean….. COME ON! If you’re not salivating right now we can’t be friends (I mean, I guess I’ll forgive you eventually). And I forgot to mention the best part! There is sweet fig jam involved and honey infused with chilies. Pretty much the combination is mind-blowing, and you are 100% depriving yourself if you don’t have this baked brie in your life.
If you are either hosting NYE or attending a party this Sunday, and need a show stopping dish to bring along, this is a must. With only 5 minutes of prep work you will have plenty of time to spend time with the ones you love, and start 2018 off right!
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fig jam
- 8 oz soft ripened brie, triple creme is best
- 1 tablespoon honey, Mike's Hot Honey preferred
- 1 egg, scrambled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with foil or non-stick spray
- Place puff pastry on baking sheet and spoon out fig jam creating a circular base for brie
- Place brie on top of the fig jam and top with honey
- Fold puff pastry around brie like an envelope and then wrap sides around brie so it is nice and tight
- Brush egg onto brie to create a nice shine
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until nice and golden brown