This Buffalo Chickpea Salad has spice, crunch and a dash of indulgence. Extremely satisfying for any lunch or dinner, this salad is definitely a showstopper!
Say hello to my new favorite salad! I know what you’re thinking: “What? Buffalo chickpea salad??” Yes, people, we are going there.
Let me start by saying that buffalo chicken tender salads are one of my weaknesses. It’s a salad that is so completely indulgent it’s almost sinful, and I love everything about it.
A couple of months ago I was on the phone with a girlfriend and she mentioned she was making buffalo chickpeas for dinner. My mind was BLOWN, and this salad was born.
This salad has everything I love about a classic buffalo chicken salad: tons of spice from the sauce, a good amount of crunch from the roasted chickpeas, and obviously blue cheese dressing; and of course I had to put my own little spin on it by using kale as a base and topping it with creamy avocado!
If you are a salad lover you MUST give this one a try!
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ½ cup grape tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced cucumber, about ⅓ of a cucumber
- 1.5 tablespoons blue cheese dressing
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbs Frank's
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Rinse and towel dry chickpeas removing any loose skins
- Toss chickpeas in olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Arrange on baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 15 minutes, then shake pan and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Combine Frank's Hot Sauce and nutritional yeast. Toss in roasted chickpeas.
- Toss together kale, avocado, grape tomatoes, cucumber, buffalo roasted chickpeas and blue cheese dressing.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!