This homemade chai spiced oat milk is super flavorful and is ready in under 5 minutes!
When winter comes around I am into chai spiced anything and everything. I have been interested in experimenting with oat milk for a while, and obviously I had to put my own little spin on it.
I put together my own chai spice mixture, but feel free to use 1 1/2 tsp of a premixed one instead.
Also, if you are looking for an unflavored version of oat milk just combine the oats, water and maple syrup and leave out all other ingredients.
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- Combine all ingredients in blender and pulse for 30 seconds
- Let mixture sit for a minute and then pulse for another 30 seconds
- Line a mesh strainer with a nut milk bag or cheese cloth
- Pour mixture through strainer into container and enjoy
- Shake well before using
- Should last up to a week in the fridge!