This mushroom pasta is a super satisfying and healthy dinner that is ready to serve in under 30 minutes! It’s made with only 10 ingredients which all work perfectly together to bring MAJOR flavor.
Spoiler alert: if you don’t like mushrooms you are going to hate this pasta. I recommend you skip ahead to another recipe.
Now that we have that awkwardness out of the way, say hello to Mushroom Pasta! This recipe goes back to my college days: when RHONY was just coming onto the scene on Bravo and Bethenny Frankel made a version of this for her then BFF Jill Zarin. My roommate at the time, Brittany, and I were obsessed with everything Real Housewives, and even more obsessed with Bethenny Frankel. Needless to say, Bethenny’s Guilt Free Mushroom Pasta was a staple in our household.
Well, friends, times have changed. Bethenny and Jill are no longer BBFs, and Britt and I are no longer causing trouble in Athens, GA, but this pasta still makes my mouth water just thinking about it!
Recently, I felt the urge recreate this classic dish, but with my own new twist on it. Bethenny, if you’re reading this, I still love you, and am still semi-obsessed with you, but I think my version takes the cake.
The whole wheat fusilli creates the perfect base for the earthy mushroom melody. The chicken broth adds AH-MAZING flavor, the lemon adds brightness, and the truffle oil adds a dash of delectable indulgence. Topped with fresh chives and parmesan cheese this pasta dish is pretty forking perfect.
- 1 cup whole wheat fusilli, cooked to package directions
- 1 tbs pasta water reserved
- 1 tsp ghee
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 8 oz gourmet mushroom blend
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Juice ½ lemon
- ½ tsp truffle oil
- 1 tbs chives, chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large pan, heat ghee over medium heat and add in garlic. Sauté for about 2 minutes until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for another minute, then add in the reserved pasta water, chicken broth, and lemon juice and cook on medium heat for another 5 minutes
- Add in cooked pasta, and drizzle with truffle. Add in chives and parmesan cheese and stir until evenly mixed.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!