This salad pizza combines everything I love about pizza: a super crunchy crust, spicy Calabrian pepper paste, SO much cheese, and a bright, fresh salad topping. All I have to say is “yes please” to everything going on here!
Happy Pi Day!
This is absolutely a favorite day of mine. I love pie but this post is all about the pizza kind of pie, and I could literally eat pizza everyday for the rest of my life and be completely satisfied. You think I’m kidding? Ask my incredibly handsome husband.
I love serving this dish at the start of a dinner party as a fun alternative to a basic salad. How could your guests not love having their salad served on a pizza?! It’s pretty much a shoe in pleaser, and if they do have an issue with it, you might want to consider finding new friends! (JK, JK… but seriously.)
I started this recipe by using Trader Joe’s Organic Pizza Crust , which we always have in our freezer. This crust thaws out so quickly and is super easy to work with. If you are feeling extra Barefoot Contessa-ish and want to make your own crust from scratch, go ahead! That will work beautifully with this recipe as well.
The Calabrian peppers are not required, but, honestly, if you like spicy stuff on/with your pizza I would highly recommend including them. They add the perfect amount of heat and great flavor. I have had a difficult time finding them in my area so I always order these off of Amazon Prime.
Lastly, the salad. It is so fresh and bright, and combined with the spicy, cheesy crust it is just perfection. Once you introduce this salad pizza to your family and friends I promise they will be begging for seconds!
- 1 pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 tablespoons of marscapone cheese, divided into 1 tablespoon dollops
- 1 tsp Calabrian Pepper, muddled into a paste ; Red pepper flakes can be substituted
- ¼ cup parmesan, divided
- 2 cups arugula, copped
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brush pizza crust with olive oil, spread Calabrian pepper paste and then top with garlic, parmesan and place marscapone dollops throughout crust.
- Prepare fresh pizza crust according to directions.
- Spread marascpone dollops so they form an even layer on the entire pizza crust
- Combine arugula, basil, and parmesan cheese. In a separate bowl whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour over aragula mixture and toss
- Place salad on top of pizza crust, slice into wedges and enjoy!