Is there anything better than a sheet pan dinner? Minimal prep work, pretty much zero clean up, and if you find the right combination the flavors blend together in perfect harmony. This Sheet Pan Sausage & Vegetables is the complete package.
I must admit upfront that this is my first time dabbling in the world of sheet pan dinners. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve always loved the idea, but have struggled with the concept of cooking all components of a dish at the exact same time. For some reason it just doesn’t come as naturally to me as making a dish in a pan?
Anyways…. Now that I have successfully found a sheet pan recipe that I LOVE, it has blown my world. An entire dinner that can be prepped in 5 minutes flat? Sign me up! Zero active cooking time? Yes please!
This particular recipe has spicy sausage, complemented by sweet tomatoes and crunchy peppers. I have ramped up the flavor by incorporating one of my favorite middle eastern spices sumac. This recipe is delicious without it, but I think it’s what adds that certain “X Factor” I look for in a recipe.
One of the things that I love about this Sheet Pan Sausage & Vegetables is that it can be served a number of ways. I photographed it over a bed a jasmine rice which is absolutely delicious! I have also served it over lightly dressed greens, as well as in pita pockets!
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into matchstick pieces
- 1 10oz package grape tomatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp sumac, a middle eastern spice found at farmers markets or on amazon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz lamb merguez or hot Italian sausage in casing, cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- Jasmine Rice or Pita Pockets to Serve
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine green bell peppers, grape tomatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, sumac and garlic powder in mixing bowl and toss until evenly coated
- Arrange vegetables and sausage on baking sheet in an even layer
- Bake for 25 minutes until sausage is browned and vegetables are nice and caramelized
- Serve immediately over jasmine rice or in pita as a sandwich